Enterprise Vault® for Microsoft® Exchange
- Individual mail archiving solution for each work station/mail box
- Full and immediate storage, including all attachments
- No user intervention required - totally transparent
- Individually definable on-line retention before archiving to other media
- Complete and uninterrupted availability of all mails - accessible & visible as before
- Problems with disk space? - Not anymore with Enterprise Vault
- Powerful search criteria for fast and comprehensive search of mails & attachments
- Competitive low pricing and cost of ownership
- Increased mail efficiency - immediate return on investment
Enterprise Vault (EV) for Microsoft Exchange is a powerful yet
easy-to-use solution to help you take full control over the explosive
growth of e-mails and their contents. Manage your mails and their
attachments now in an efficient and user-friendly manner!
Mailbox Archiving and Management
- Fully automatic archiving of mails and attachments to online EV stores by individual mailbox.
- Eliminates message size restrictions - gives users a mailbox of virtually unlimited size.
- Controls message store growth.
- Reduces mailbox housekeeping.
- Optional shortcuts to view or restore original mails using Outlook or extended web-based search functions.
Journal and Folder Archiving
- Works seamlessly with MS Exchange journaling.
to retain copies of all mail messages sent and received to meet
regulatory, legal or company own retention periods.
- Archiving of individual folders or folder hierarchies.
- Shortcuts replace archived items.
- Allows to migrate all PST file data into the Vault and stops using PST’s as e-mail archives
Offline Vault Laptop Access
- Offline vault functions provide laptop access to archived e-mail
even when not connected to the corporate network allowing users to have
a local Vault on the laptop hard drive.
- Ensures laptop access to archived items using shortcuts, providing all-time access to important business information.
Exchange 2003 Migration
- Archiving old messages from Exchange 5.5 or 2000 significantly reduces storage size by up to 80%.
- Size reduction allows to move your e-mail application to Exchange 2003 much easier and faster, and at surprisingly low cost.
- Various integration mechanisms enable customisation of Enterprise Vault functionality and plug-in of third-party components.
- Same look and feel for all users as they were used to before.
- Individual mail 'subject' lines for both, all current and all archived mails that are accessible on-line.
Key Technology Highlights
Lifetime Management of E-mail
- Automatically manages the e-mail lifecycle from “cradle to grave”.
- Protects corporate intellectual property.
- Retains access and enables rapid discovery of mail and attachment contents based on corporate defined policies.
Reduces cost of message retrieval, recovery and administration
- Saves time and money when retrieving and recovering old or lost email.
- Immediate recovery of key individual mailboxes.
- Easy end-user access.
- Comprehensive search functionality.
- Integration with Outlook, Outlook Web Access and Exchange for quick and easy search and retrieval of archived items.
- Shortcuts and web-based search functions keep users instantly in touch with all e-mail content.
Optimised storage and utilisation of cost-effective options
- Reduces mail storage size by 50% or more.
- Supports any Windows storage solution including magnetic or
optical disks, Storage Area Network (SAN) or Network Attached Storage
- Single-instance storage of identical items maintained.
- EV Open Storage Layer™ enables archived files to be moved to more cost-effective storage as may be required.
- Optional concatenation to further improve storage efficiency.
Flexible data retention
- Highly efficient, secure solutions as may be required by law or business practice for retention of selected information.
- Allows search and retrieval for audit purposes.
- Storage locations, retention periods and ultimate data deletion procedures in line with company policies.
- Scalability is a reality with Enterprise Vault, whether you need
to support 10 or 10,000 users, Enterprise Vault can handle the job.
Rapid implementation - add nothing to Exchange
- No programming required to implement Enterprise Vault.
- Simple configuring, with intuitive UI and wizards saving time and effort in setting up and defining policies.
- Administration integrated with Microsoft Management Console (MMC).